SEPC February Meeting
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Time: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Location: Sutter Club
Speaker: Patrick Fearon-Hernandez, CFA - Confluence Investment Management LLC
Please adhere to the Sutter Club's Dress Code: Gentlemen guests are encouraged to wear coat and tie. Ladies should wear comparable attire. Jeans, T-shirts, and shorts are never permitted.
Sutter Club, California Room
1220 Ninth Street
Registration/Cocktails: 5:00 p.m.
Meeting/Dinner: 5:45 p.m.
Presentation: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Investing: Outlook for 2020
Speaker: Patrick Fearon-Hernandez, CFA - Confluence Investment Management LLC, St. Louis, MO
Looking at the economy in 2020, our base case calls for modest growth and continued low inflation. Our base case does not include a recession in 2020, but it does recognize that risks are increasing.
In the financial markets, our forecast calls for a modest positive return for equities, especially "growth" stocks. We also expect a flattish performance from bonds and a weaker dollar. We believe commodities will struggle in the face of continued slow economic growth around the world.
The primary risks to our forecasts include:
2. The U.S. elections
3. A "melt up" in stocks as a result of ample liquidity, accommodative monetary policy, and fairly valued stocks.
Please note the cost of the monthly SEPC meetings.
- Members: $65 (registration at the door is $80)
- Non-Members (must be hosted by a member to attend): $80
- Drink Tickets: $8 each (PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE DRINKING SODA YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE A DRINK TICKET. THESE ARE COMPLIMENTARY.)
- Walk-ins (Members and Non-Members) that have not registered online will be charged $80 (with entrée limited to standard vegetarian option).
Baby Leaf Spinach Salad - Red Onion, Sliced Mushrooms, Croutons, Bacon, Chopped Egg & Warm Bacon Dressing
Blackened Sole with Pecan Crab Meunière & Wild Rice Risotto
Pan Roasted Mary’s Bone-in Chicken Breast Primavera Herbed Risotto, Havarti Alfredo, Tomato Confit
Roasted Vegetable Risotto Asparagus, Cauliflower, Caramelized Onions, Garden Peas, Parmesan Cheese
For more information:
Contact: Raquel Altavilla
Registration will close on Monday, February 24.
Refund Policy: No refunds after Monday, February 24.
See Upcoming Event Calendar