Membership Categories and Requirements
A SEPC membership candidate must be a professional in one of the categories listed below, practice in the Sacramento Valley area, have fulfilled the Membership Qualification Requirements, and be sponsored by a SEPC member.
• Officer Representatives of Trust Companies
• Certified Public Accountants
• Chartered Life Underwriters
• Chartered Financial Consultants or Certified Financial Planners
• Chartered Financial Analysts
• Planned Giving Professionals
• Accredited Valuation Experts
• Private Fiduciaries
For complete information, please read our Bylaws and Membership Requirements are below.
If you would like to apply and have met the membership qualifications and fall into one of the member categories, you can download and complete a paper copy by clicking here.
Prospective members must:
• Be actively practicing in Estate Planning in one of the approved membership categories in the Sacramento Valley area.
• Be recommended by three Estate Planning Council members.
• Must fall into one of the Member Categories.
• Attend two general membership meetings (does not include Annual meeting or December holiday party) prior to consideration of the application by the Board. Meetings must have been attended within 12 months of applying. The sponsor must certify, in writing, that the applicant is qualified for membership and has attended the requisite meetings.
New Member Dues
Membership period runs July 1 through June 30. For those applying from July through December of the current membership period, the membership dues of $245 must be remitted with the completed application. For those applying from January through June of the current membership period, membership dues of $122.50 must be remitted with the completed application. In either case, these dues will cover membership through the balance of the membership period ending June 30. Payment will be refunded if applicant is not accepted for any reason.